hello and welcome
i go by venus on the internet
i made this site because i enjoy writing code and getting a result that looks pretty :3 otherwise, i like pixel art and i really like physics.
i don't have much nostalgia for the old web, but i dislike modern web design and like the intricacy of old websites, the idea of creating your website entirely from scratch. i like the idea of code being an art form, instead of just a tool.
one day i'd like to make a blog, but i'm often unsatisfied with the articulation of my ideas so that probably won't happen.
here are some of my favourite things
- it's always refreshing. in particular i really enjoy murakami's almost musical but melancholy, toned down writing, and the way he switches between perspectives, in a style i don't really even find in other postmodern books.
- there's not a lot to say, i just really like cats. if someone asked me what my favourite animal was, it would be a simple domestic cat.
- i love quantum and particle physics, one day i want to build a quantum computer, or at least physically see one. i'd also love to visit the LHC in switzerland. i like astrophysics too, it's fascinating and beautiful at the same time.
rain and thunderstorms
- especially at night, and when i'm alone and indoors.
- have i read a lot of it? no. do i like it? yes.
- i really like the romantic era of music, not so much the baroque or classical era. some composers i like include chopin, scriabin, debussy, ravel, and shostakovich. i play the piano and violin; when i have more time i'd like to learn the guitar and relearn music theory properly. :)
- radiohead, deftones, neutral milk hotel, the smiths, the cure, sufjan stevens, mazzy star, amy winehouse, fiona apple
here are some of my least favourite things
- i read song of achilles when it first became popular, the concept sounded amazing, but i hated the way it was written, the style of writing, the actual content itself. another author i can't stand is colleen hoover, whose books seem reminiscent of self insert wattpad stories written by 13 year olds.
- i want to live in a city built around people, not cars, i want small cobbled walkways lined with trees, not identical concrete streets. they're expensive, they're bad for the environment, AND they're ugly.
cryptocurrency, web3, nfts, etc
- i hope this is self explanatory enough